Yes…You DO Need Video Testimonials for Your Business
You work hard to make your business a success. But it’s not enough. You need something else to reach your goals. Testimonials. Today people want to be reassured that you can do a good job before they part with their hard earned money. If you don’t give them that reassurance, they are going to keep looking until they find it.
But not just any testimonial will do. You need video testimonials.
Why are Testimonials so important?
Often, your prospects know very little about you. They like your sales pitch, and want to buy, but they can’t know for sure until it’s too late. That emotional fear of failure needs to be overcome. Testimonials connect you to your prospect emotionally through other people who have successfully used your products or services. They make your prospects feel like they are taking less of a risk by making the decision to buy from you.
The key is that they are real comments from real people, not marketing hype.
Testimonials work due to something called social proof. Social proof is a psychological phenomenon defined as “when people assume the actions of others in an attempt to reflect correct behavior for a given situation.” In other words – people fit in by looking to people who are like them and taking the same actions that those people take. How much do testimonials really influence us when it comes to making a purchase? Here are a few stats that stand out.
- 78% of online Americans aged 18-64 agree that online reviews help them decide whether or not to purchase a product (Ipsos Open Thinking Exchange)
- 90% Of Customers Say Buying Decisions Are Influenced By Online Reviews (Dimensional Research)
- A study of iphone users found that listings that had at least 3+ star reviews took 41 out of 47 clicks. The number of reviews counts, too: 29 of those 47 clicks went to listings that had at least four reviews. (Google)
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for all types of content marketing, with a rating of 89% (WebDAM)
Why Do Videos Testimonials Work So Well?
Because written text only conveys 7% of our information. Written text misses out on 93% of the message. People interpret voice inflections and non-verbal cues like facial expressions, hand gestures, eye movements, and posture to get the full meaning of any message from another person. Even Babies. We are programmed to respond to human faces. Babies recognize faces before anything else.
Additionally, video testimonials are not anonymous. Your viewers can see and hear the actual person giving the testimonial, so they know that it’s not a fake testimonial.
Three Ways to get started Right Now
- Bring your customers in for a party
Throw a party for your customers and collect a lot of testimonials at once. We will come in, and set up a mobile studio in your office with generic background, and record testimonials of your customers
- Send your most loyal customers to our Studio
Send your Customers to our studio and we will record their testimonial at a time that is convenient for them.
- Let us do it all for you.
Don’t feel comfortable asking? Let us do it for you. We will reach out to your customers on your behalf and schedule them to come in to our studio. They will even get a gift for their time and effort.